Theranostec’s goal is to develop more effective and safer anti-cancer therapies that will eradicate cancers with unmet medical needs. We have developed a novel, nanoparticle treatment platform that only releases at the site of the tumor, allowing for targeted and effective chemotherapy and phototherapy, while also lowering toxicity.
Currently, we are at pre-clinical stage with promising anti-cancer effect in vivo animal models. Our near-term plan is to file the IND application to the FDA and initiate clinical trials. Our long-term goal is to seek FDA approval.
We have received several non-dilutive federal funds, including SBIR grants to conduct preclinical optimization and animal testing and have received compelling data on efficacy.
Interim CEO: Aaron Lindstrom, PhD
- Expert in medicinal chemistry and drug design
Founder & CSO: Yunapei Li, PhD
- Associate Professor at the University of California, Davis
- Expert in cancer drug development, nanomedicine, and cGMP production.
Co-Founder & COO: Tzu-yin Cindy Lin, DVM, PhD, DACVP
- Research associated Professor at the University of California, Davis
- Expert in translational cancer research, Toxicology/Clinical pathology, and nanomedicine.
Dr. Gregory Farwell, MD
- Chair of the Department of Head and Neck Surgery, UC Davis
- Expert in head and neck cancers
- 25 years experience as practicing surgeon
Dr. Rick Harkins, NIH CAP advisor
- Prior Principal Scientist at Bayer Healthcare
- 35 years experience in the managing partnerships with U.S. academic research institutions and emerging life science firms
- CEO of Amfora, Inc.
- 25 years experience in successfully leading biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies