Theranostec develops precision nanomedicines that significantly improve both the delivery and effectiveness of cancer therapies.
Currently, we are at pre-clinical stage with promising anti-cancer effect in vivo animal models. Our near-term plan is to file the IND application to the FDA and initiate clinical trials. Our long-term goal is to seek FDA approval.
We have received several non-dilutive federal funds, including multiple SBIR Phase I and Phase II grants for optimization and IND-enabling studies that will move our two drug candidates into Phase 1 clinical trials.
Founder & CEO: Yuanpei Li, PhD
- Professor at the University of California, Davis
- Elected Fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE)
- Expert in cancer drug development, nanomedicine, and cGMP production.
Co-Founder & COO: Tzu-yin Cindy Lin, DVM, PhD, DACVP
- Research associated Professor at the University of California, Davis
- Expert in translational cancer research, Toxicology/Clinical pathology, and nanomedicine.
Edward J. Kim MD, PhD
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- Medical Director – Office of Clinical Research, UC Davis Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Adult medical oncologist who specializes in medical treatment of gastrointestinal malignancies including pancreatic, hepatocellular, biliary, esophageal, gastric, and colorectal cancers.
- He has expertise in conducting clinical trials for these malignancies and has a particular interest in novel treatments for pancreatic cancer.
Andrew C. Birkeland, MD
- Surgeon-scientist, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, Davis
- Expert in the treatment and research of head and neck cancer
Dr. Rick Harkins, NIH CAP advisor
- Prior Principal Scientist at Bayer Healthcare
- 35 years experience in the managing partnerships with U.S. academic research institutions and emerging life science firms
- CEO of Amfora, Inc.
- 25 years experience in successfully leading biotechnology and biopharmaceutical companies